Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Ran in the rain

well....it was really only a drizzle...but It felt good. Did 6 at stoney and only took one walk break. It was a bit of a PIA because their doing work on the path...so they had the path closed off at one point....so I couldn't just loop around. I had to turn back around and back track. Oh well, Finished in 68 minutes. Wanted to stop more but I tried to pretend that I was running with a group...I kept saying to myself...ok...if I were running with Diane...would I really feel bad enough to have to stop and fall behind?...the answer was always no...I know I can do it now so I have to psych myself out....it's all in my head. My time didn't improve any without the walk breaks because the longer I run....the slower I run. I actually find that my time is faster when I take my 1 minute walk breaks more frequently. But I don't care about that....I just want to be able to run as much of it as I can.

No comments: