Saturday, July 14, 2007

$2,000 raised for Leukemia and Lymphoma Society!!!

What an adrenaline rush!! I hit the $2,000 mark for donations raised for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society....I can't thank my family and friends enough for their incredibly generous support! They are AWESOME!

I went out today with a renewed spirit....albeit a very NERVOUS renewed spirit....this 12 mile mark has been haunting me for weeks...& now I've concurred it!! I now know that I, at the very least, will make it through a 1/2 marathon still standing upright!! I went 12.41 miles in 144 minutes. But that includes 2 bathroom breaks and I stopped at the 1/2 way mark to stretch...probably 3 or 4 minutes. I went out with the idea that I was done killing myself trying to improve my time...last week I went out with a gusto and ran 5 miles straight but then completely fell apart in the 2nd 5 miles....so, I wanted to even it out today. I ran 1 mile walked 1 minute....at one point I ran 2 miles straight because I was feeling really good. I'm getting the hang of the energy replacement packs...and definitely felt it's benefits....I also discovered Power Bars....they're like the perfect food....100% of everything in it...plus lots of protein and carbs.....and ALL 3 of my kids love them....well, they like the peanut butter and vanilla....the chocolate ones are pretty bad!!!! Major bonus as Brendan is usually the food critic that will eat nothing healthy that has any amount of calories in it.

No heart palpitations again! And my ankle didn't start bothering me until the last 2 miles. Did good and felt great!

No comments: