Monday, July 2, 2007

New Mission Moment and Quote

Forgot to post this weeks "mission statement" and quote.....Got a little teary eyed reading the story that our mentor posted in this weeks email......I'm reminded that this is why I'm doing this...so that no other family has to go through what my mom must have gone through with 2 small kids at home when my Dad died....this is the story she posted....



"Getting up early on a Saturday seems like nothing to me. When I think back to 18 years ago when my first husband was diagnosed with AML (first husband because we lost him 2 years later). When you think about the strength he had every time he had his bone marrow tested, or the time he missed with family while in the hospital, getting up early seems like such a small sacrifice. I am doing Team In Training so that no husband, wife or family has to go through what my daughter and I did all those years ago. So when the going gets tough think of someone who may be going through something sooooo much worse than walking early or when it is cold, or hot, or rainy. Thanks for reminding me of why I have chosen this journey"



the quote of the week....



“If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.” - Thoreau

No comments: