Tuesday, June 26, 2007

humidity was brutal


Went to the park for my 5 miles....the miles are really starting to jump up now! I've been doing really good with following the TNT training schedule to a T but I hope I can keep it up when the miles start dramatically increasing. Got to the park at 7:30 thinking I'd beat the heat and humidity...but I didn't.... Did pretty good considering...Ran 5 miles in 54:10. Ran 2.5/walked 1 min./ran 1.25/walked 1 min./ran .75/ walked 1 min/ran to finish. So with my 3 minutes of walking breaks I still finished in under an 11 minute mile. I need to come up with a better way to keep the sweat out of my eyes...my eyes were burning like hell half way through the 5 miles...the hat just isn't cutting it. May try the sweat bands or a bandanna or something. I think I must have lost 3 pounds of sweat this morning!
Every week our TNT mentor sends us a quote of the week...they're very inspirational and motivating. I'm going to start posting them in my blog each week. I really liked this weeks' quote....
“Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.” - Theodore Roosevelt

1 comment:

Kelly said...

OMG Tammy, you took the words right out of my mouth. Keeping the sweat out of my eyes has been a real challenge! I was thinking of duck-tape and a wash-cloth! LOL. Way to go on your miles, I'm impressed you made the run after the long drive home from up north. Keep it up!!!