Sunday, June 24, 2007

Great Weekend


As Mary (the Ballroom dancing expert judge from the show "So You Think You Can Dance")would say........ "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!" Today and yesterday were my best runs yet!!!


Was up north for a long and wonderfully fun and relaxing weekend with friends of ours. So I got my 8 mile run in up there on Saturday. I ran 4 miles straights through then stopped to stretch for a minute and then ran 2 more miles straight....then walked 1 min....ran 1.5 more miles....walked 1 min....and ran to the finish....so like I said.... "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" Can't remember my time but who gives a sh-t I RAN!....Time for my happy dance....(picture me dancing in a circle shaking my ass and twirling my finger in the air)....."I can ruuuu-un....and e-ven breee-eath.....and you can't ca-atch me...ha-ha-ha-ha-----ha!" LMAO! Motrin kept me company though out the afternoon but I woke up this morning feeling remarkably good...calves are still sore but even that seems to be letting up a bit. The hills were brutal but I actually really enjoyed running the hills....just when I thought I couldn't possibly go on any longer I'd find myself at the top of the hill and either a plateau in front of me or the decline of the hill and my muscles were getting the break that they were begging for which gave me a little more umph to continue a while longer. It was great!


Then today (Sunday) after a long drive home I put on my running gear and did my 4 miles....ran the 1st 3 miles straight through then walked 1 minute and then ran the last mile home....did it in 42 minutes 56 seconds....."WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"

No comments: