Sunday, June 17, 2007

7 miles today!

Now that I've gotten past the breathing hump (it took about 6 weeks) I really feel like this is getting easier! I feel like the improvements and breakthroughs are coming by leaps and bounds now. I'm enjoying running more and more each week. I ran out at Stoney this morning and did the 7 miles doing the 1 mile run / 1 minute walk. Didn't have to cheat even once. Finished in 79 minutes. So now here's my revised plan....I'm going to try to run my short weekday runs straight through without walk breaks and then my long Saturday runs I'll try to increase the intervals each week....so depending on how it goes during this week I may try running 1.5 miles for the intervals....because there's just NO way I'll be able to run 8 straight miles!.....My baby steps are turning into toddler steps...LOL!

K now I have a long winded story to tell you....so if you're not interested in hearing it.....you should leave now....lol......I have to explain something or what I say in the end will make you think that I'm coming completely unravelled!

Those who know me well know that I've said for a very long time that I TRULY believe that my life is touched by "Divine intervention"...Strange things have happened to me all my life...Things that continue giving me goose bumps to this day....I believe (and I mean TRULY believe) that I've had a guardian angel sitting on my shoulder my entire life guiding me in the right direction....those who know me also know that I'm not huge into religion....in fact, up until about 1 1/2 months ago I hadn't been to church in 4 years. We found a new church down the street that we all really enjoy so we've started going again. So this "feeling" I've had all my life isn't a religious thing...The first time I remember having this feeling was when I was 14 years old. I was out on a "double date" with a much older guy...I'm guessing he was 18 or 19....maybe even older....can't even remember his name...this was my first date so to speak and my parents new nothing about it...all I'm going to say about it is there is no doubt in my mind where this "date" was headed and how things would have turned out if my guardian angel hadn't stepped up to the plate to intervene! All 4 of us were in a living room...in the dark....making out....again...this was my first "make out session" and I had no clue! But shortly after it started I felt like my nose was dripping....I wiped my nose and discovered I had a bloody nose...not just your ordinary run of the mill bloody nose....it was a major gusher and it took a good 15 minutes to control...and I somehow had on this guys WHITE sweatshirt (OVER my own clothes)....and it was covered in blood. Now, this may seem like just a coincidence to you or you may be thinking that it was just because I was nervous....but I also have to tell you that up until that point I had NEVER had a nose bleed before....and I have NEVER had one since! Needless to say...the "date" ended and that was that...I was absolutely mortified of course and left that date cursing this Divine intervention....apparently my guardian angel has one hell of a sense of humor! But this is just the first of MANY MANY experiences like this. Things like this have continued happening my entire life. It used to freak me out ....big time.....but now it just makes me smile!

Now that I've said that I'm going to tell you that my guardian angel is with me when I run. I know I say that at the risk of everyone thinking I've completely gone off the deep end or that I'm just so emotionally invested in this marathon that my mind is working overtime.....but I swear that's not it....the entire time I run I can hear footsteps behind me. I'm continuously turning around to make sure no-one's following me or to make sure I'm not in some one's way...I'm telling you.....it's my guardian angel running with me.

No comments: