Wednesday, August 29, 2007

A "not so good" running day

I'm not sure what made me think that not eating before running would be such a wonderful idea....I'm sure I was full at the time....but I'm thinking maybe I should reconsider. Today didn't go well. Ran 6....sort of....the first 3 went fine, the last 3...not so fine. I was starving....felt very weak, even a little dizzy, and developed an excrutiating headache in the left side of my brain at 3.5 miles....ended up walking for almost a mile. My other problem.....my face was on fire. I started using this ProActive knock-off stuff that I found at costco ....for treating acne....and apparently it works by burning off the first 2 layers of skin because once I started sweating....OMG....the pain.... I felt like someone had taken sand paper to my face and then poured salt water in the wounds.

And then there's the chub-rub factor...I guess I was thinking that after 2 days of not eating before my runs I would miraculously have thighs that don't rub....my running shorts were too short and they did in fact rub! Chaffing is becoming a real problem. I'm chaffed under my boobs, between my thighs, and in other places that I'll keep to myself. Getting in the shower after a fresh chaffing when you're covered in salty sweat is not my idea of fun.

On another note....my dear friend Dianne recommended this stuff called Endurox...it's a replacement drink mix that is suppose to help in recovery after runs. But there are 2 different versions of this stuff...one is a drink mix and the other is a pill...They both contain completely different ingredients and I didn't know which one to buy so being the shopaholic that I am....I bought both....using the "if 1 is good 2 must be better" theory. If you haven't read the book "Confessions of a Shopaholic"....you really should....funny, funny book....and I relate very closely to the main character.....minus the financial crisis......anyway, I tried it after today's run...I'll let you know how it works.

No comments: