Wednesday, October 10, 2007

11 days & counting

Sucked it up on the treadmill for 6 miles. Listened to Middle Sex audio book down loaded on my ipod. I'll have to relisten to the part I was supposed to be listening to.....ugh.....not sure what it is about the gym that makes me unable to focus....but I keep trying....maybe it's a learned skill that will take time. But I CAN say that today was a little more tolerable than the past treadmill days and I think it's because I tried to push myself....for instance, I did a couple 1/4 mile sprints at a 9 minute mile pace and a couple 1/4 mile incline segments....it was tough but seemed to make the time go by a little quicker by breaking in up. I felt really good today. But got a little nervous when I walked for a cool down because I was getting those really bad heart palpitations again.

At the risk of sounding morbid......I noticed today's date.....I'm reminded of what inspired me to do this to begin with. Tomorrow, Oct 11th, marks the 30 year anniversary of the end of my Dad's battle with Leukemia.

No comments: