Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Just another typical day!

Ran 5 miles today - stuck close to home. It'll take me a little more time to get over my trauma drama from last weeks' run in Dodge Park. In the past week my mind has warped that poor man from being an innocent bystander who happened to get injured into a crazy lunatic who had some devious plans to chop me up into little pieces and feed me to the squirrels. I now plan on running with the key chain pepper spray that has been hanging untouched from my key rack for over a year. Some may argue that I'm being paranoid; I prefer to think of it as being slightly overly cautious.

So I finished my 5 miles in 55:05. Ran it straight through without stopping mainly because I was so pressed for time that I had no choice.

I started out the day with a 10 am appointment with another patio estimate guy. Fed Jordyn lunch and got her to school by noon. Rushed home to get my 5 miles in - had just enough time to take a quick shower before picking her back up from school at 2:30. Rushed home again to get dinner started. Yes....dinner....So that when the boys got home at 3:30 they can scarf it down so we can get out the door for gymnastics which starts at 4:30. Only - I hadn't taken anything out for dinner so the gourmet menu for the evening ended up being egg/ham/cheese sandwiches with a side of apple slices. Hey - it was the quickest, easiest, & healthiest thing I could come up with at the last minute. Protein, starch, dairy, fat, fruit - 5 of the main food groups in one sitting - what more could they ask for....I even threw in a vitamin for good measure. Who says you can't eat breakfast for dinner?! Ya know what - I'm thinking pancakes for dinner tomorrow!

Then I realized somewhere in there that I had completely FORGOTTEN that yesterday was suppose to be Jordyn's 1st tap/ballet class - OMG! - WHAT is happening to my brain??!! Believe it or not I used to be neurotically punctual & obsessively, compulsively organized - Yeah - not so much any more. Apparently, I truly am my fathers' daughter...the big joke about my dad is that his memory was horrible.....apparently so horrible that he rented a book from the library entitled "How To Improve Your Memory"....or something of that nature....and lost it....he FORGOT where he put it. I can't figure out if I've lost my organizational and memory skills or if there is simply too much to organize and remember! So, I called the dance studio to find out when Jordyn can make up her dance class..... tonight at 4:30..... which is exactly when her gymnastics class is - so, I now have to make up tonight's gymnastics class tomorrow so that we can make up yesterdays dance class today - Make sense?? So - I dropped the boys off 15 minutes early for their gymnastics class so that I could get Jordyn to HER class. ( They did their homework in the car). When Jordyn's class ended I ran to Target to get Brendan some new "gym pants" (he tried on 4 pairs this morning for school before finding a pair that wasn't flooded by 2 inches...it seems he's grown a little). Then back to the gym to get the boys at 7:30 and home by 8.

-This is my life-

Am I whining? no. Am I looking for sympathy? Absolutely not! Just documenting a typical day in our life for my kids to one day read and hopefully APPRECIATE! and.....explaining to any person reading this why it may be a while before you hear from me again.

What's on the agenda for tomorrow?? More of the same!!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

The image of 2 year old pepper spray oozing out of the bottle instaed of spraying at your most needed moment is too funny!!!