Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Wiped out hard!

What a beautiful morning. Not a cloud in the sky. 40 degrees. Did 3.82 miles in 45:35. I bumped up my intervals to 5 min run/ 2 min. walk. I figure it's easier to step up the intervals when you're running shorter distances. I totally wiped out during the last mile. Bloodied up my hand and gave my right hip a raspberry. That's my very first running wipe out ever. I didn't wipe out once all during training last year. And of course just as I'm picking my sorry butt up....one of my neighbors drives by. Murphy's law don't ya know.

3 comments:

Futuristics said...

NICE Blog :)

LittlePaintedPolkaDots said...

Oh that stinks! It's been a few weeks, so I am sure you've healed up nicely. I did this last year. Although I wasn't running. I don't let these thighs bounce around like that out of the house. I save all that whompin' goodness for my treadmill. However, I was walking "briskly" with Diesel and Livi. We had made it almost to the end of our trip and then it happened...I literally FLEW like Superman and slid into home right smack dab in the middle of my street. This all took place right as the neighbor was taking the trash out. Needless to say, I was hurt and embarrased. So was Livi...LMAO!

Brooke said...

Ouch!! How is the training coming along??? I did TNT for last Octobers Nike Women Marathon! It was a BLAST!!! THinking about mentoring for the AZ Rocknroll in Jan (I think) maybe its in November, I cant really remember! Good luck to you! GO TEAM!!